Our top 5 courses in 2023 that have taken leadership to new heights
In the dynamic landscape of modern business, where change is constant and competition is fierce, the role of effective leadership has never been more evident. A company's trajectory and the capabilities of its leaders are always part of the same sentence. Naturally, leaders who guide, strategize, and inspire teams to conquer challenges and seize opportunities stack up high in the corporate world.
However, leadership is not solely an inherent trait; it is a skill that can be honed and refined through intentional nurturing.
Investing in comprehensive leadership training becomes imperative as organizations navigate the intricate maze of complexities. Such training empowers leaders with the tools to harness their potential, cultivate innovation, and steer the company with precision in an ever-evolving marketplace. Moreover, leadership training is the ultimate rehearsal space. It's where leaders gear up, embrace growth, and embark on a transformational journey.
Leaders are always short on time, making it difficult to get them together for an upskilling program. However, leaders will certainly welcome transformative initiatives and training that’s uber-focused, practical, and contextual. L&D Managers must ensure leadership courses are high-impact, drive better ROI in less time, and include affordable tools. Organizations will benefit from training that maximizes the effectiveness of leaders in an environment of increasing uncertainty.
Over the course of the year, we have created and delivered leadership courses to some of the world’s most recognized brands. Five general course topics have been particularly popular, irrespective of the industry or size of the organization. We see an emerging trend in leadership training to prepare leaders for the future:
- Influencing Others
- Building Trust & Credibility
- The Diverse and Inclusive Workplace
- Mindfulness in the Workplace
- Preparing for and Having Difficult Conversations
Why are these courses increasingly popular, and what are the skills to be gained? Let’s explore.
- Influencing Others: It is imperative that emerging leaders have the necessary skills and knowledge to gain influence and increase impact. Equip your leaders with actionable learning outcomes that prepare them for key decisions. Build on individual strengths and experiences to improve communication effectiveness, lead negotiations and create strategic influence. This is a key building block in the present era of disruptions.
- Building Trust and Credibility: Leaders influence others in positive ways by building trust-based relationships. This is done by committing to the team’s growth, maintaining authority while offering them autonomy, fostering a culture of accountability, and uniting the team through a shared vision and purpose. Creating a culture where team members are valued and marching towards common goals.
- The Diverse and Inclusive Workplace: Over the last few years, diversity and inclusion has been one of the top priorities at the workplace. Equip your leaders with the knowledge and skills to create and build an inclusive culture. Inspiring the next generation of leaders to set goals and work towards diversity while demonstrating empathy and compassion are key factors. Foster social awareness and the art of resolving conflicts.
- Mindfulness in the Workplace: A training session on practicing mindfulness in the workplace teaches leaders the art and balance of leading with wisdom and clarity. Additionally, wellness programs contribute to increased productivity and fosters a healthier team spirit. Help your leaders to focus on the present, cultivate compassion for self and others, and let go of negative thoughts and emotions. Foster a thriving workplace and improve mental health.
- Preparing for and Having Difficult Conversations: Managing difficult conversations is a key trait that can be carefully cultivated. Effective communication and mutual understanding are paramount. Arm your leaders to navigate through choppy waters and place them in a position of effective problem solvers. The health of the team and the organization largely depends on moments of challenge and how we transition out of sticky situations. Create a space for legitimate engagement, purpose and productivity rather than superficial team dynamics.
Re-evaluate Training Mediums
In this era of tech-savvy employees who are always on the move, L&D Managers must take stock of the training mediums currently used and evaluate whether they hold good. Learners today prefer information both instantaneously and in sizable chunks, so the training methods should be similarly adapted for mobility and accessibility.
Further, the emphasis today is on “learning by doing”, and learners are no longer passive participants in online training sessions. Technology has the power to stimulate all the senses, helping the brain to record the activity more accurately leading to higher knowledge retention—an impressive upward thrust of 75%, no less.
The combination of high-impact learning technologies combined with traditional eLearning and ILT is proving to yield better outcomes in employee engagement and skill development.
Games and Gamification provide a platform for practice and have proved successful in knowledge retention and assessment. Video-based practice is yet another option that has caught the attention of all stakeholders.
Are you looking to improve the Leadership Quotient of both new and seasoned leaders? If your goal is to help your employees become inspiring and impactful leaders, consult with a learning strategist. Have you explored our agile and accelerated leadership programs?